Emergency Registered Nurses (RN) provide comprehensive nursing care to patients across the age spectrum and presenting with a wide range of acute and emergent conditions in Emergency Department settings.This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) for permanent Nurse (Emergency) for the Indian Health Service at the following locations: Colorado River Service Unit in Parker, Arizona and Hopi Health Care Center in Polacca, Arizona
Learn more about this agency
- Incumbent apply established professional nursing concepts, principles and practices to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care to patients presenting to Emergency Departments seeking assessment, stabilization and treatment of emergent and/or acute medical needs.
- Experience in assessing the immediate needs of patients, prioritizing and organizing the plan of care from Emergency Department admission through discharge.
- Utilizes the nursing process to identify individual patient needs and to develop, implement and evaluate plans of patient care for acutely ill and/or critically ill patients.
- Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific to age of the patient (adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric, neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social-cultural needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching.
- Observes and assesses patient's clinical condition: recognizes, identifies and interprets serious situations and immediately implements proper action.
- Documents observations, nursing interventions, responses to therapeutic measures and status of coordinated activities between nursing and other professional disciplines utilizing the approved hospital format.
- Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician to include, but not limited to, medication administration, intravenous fluids, blood transfusions, treatments and maintains those measures taken which are ongoing in nature.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose monitors, mist tents, etc.
- Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse. In the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and administrative responsibilities when required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.