Welcome to the Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC) located in the Platte River Valley in downtown Denver. AHEC is the service provider for 43,000 students and approximately 5000 faculty and staff working at and attending the Community College of Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver and the University of Colorado Denver. Learn more about us through this link: Auraria Higher Education Center
Auraria employees enjoy an excellent benefits package which includes paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, discounted RTD Eco-Pass, BenefitHub (medical, dental, disability, life), and outstanding retirement plan. Learn more through this link: Benefits Package.
So, if you're interested in a great job working alongside great people, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for.Description of Job
- Delivers items received to the addressee on campus within a scheduled route time.
- Pre-determines delivery specifics depending on the item being delivered and the delivery area. Makes adjustments in response to any confinement issues identified and weight of item (items can weigh up to 2000 pounds or more at one time requiring the use of carts, forklift, pallet jacks, or by hand).
- Scans and receives signature for all items delivered to the end user.
- Secures a signed waiver form by the addressee during instances where customer requests unpacking of items.
- Receives, identifies, logs, ranks and stages for delivery all incoming items, including priority and airmail items.
- Unloads items from trucks and trailers using forklift, pallet jacks, or by hand.
- Scans or keys in data to the Arrival computer system, which is used to track shipments received by the unit.
- Motor Vehicle Operation and Minor Vehicle Maintenance
- Safely operates vehicles in accordance to State law and agency procedures.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance on motor vehicles (adding fuel and or topping off fluid reserves).
- Ensures that vehicles are kept clean and reports serviceability issues to supervisor for resolution
- Assists customers by answering questions and resolving deliveries issues
- Assists Mail Services personnel when needed with routes and sorting and mail pick up from the United States Postal Service
- Performs other duties as assigned by lead worker or supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS(must bespecifically demonstratedon application):
- One (1) year of experience which includes receiving, storing and issuing a wide variety of supplies and equipment.
- Those candidates with previous mailroom/mail machine experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- All positions with AHEC require a background check.YOU MUSTsubmit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check as a condition of hire.Felony convictions or conviction of crimes of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from consideration for this position.Submission of your application provides AHEC authorization to run a background check.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The person selected for this position must maintain his/her ability to stand for long periods of time as well as kneel, stoop, crouch, reach and grab in the performance of job-related duties.
- Must be willing and able to physically maneuver and manipulate various hand tools (hand trucks, snips and banding tools) used in the performance of job-related duties
- This person selected for this position must maintain his/her ability to perform the physical demands of this position which include physically manipulating and moving equipment, tools and supplies in excess of 100 lbs occasionally as well as items weighing 20 lbs. to 50 lbs on a more frequent basis.
- Must maintain possession of a current valid State of Colorado motor vehicle license.
- He/she must also maintain his/her ability to independently travel in the performance of job-related duties.
- Must be willing and able to perform work duties while exposed to extremes in weather elements (i.e. snow in the winter, heat in the summer).
- Willingness to adhere to all safety guidance material to include those regulating the handling and storage as well as movement of toxic substances such as chemicals and other materials
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
The State of Colorado offers permanent employees a variety of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a comprehensive leave program. Please click the following link for detailed information: www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/benefits
Please note that each agency's contact information is different; therefore, we encourage all applicants toview the full, official job announcementwhich includes contact information and class title. Select the job you wish to view, then click onthe "Print" icon.
- Yes - I affirm that I have been provided my appeal rights in accordance with Board Rule 4-5.
* Required Question