This position is pending an allocation decision
Anticipated allocation: Range 10IT $7,625 - $10,003 monthly
We are seeking an IT Data professional with management experience to fill this Enterprise Data Warehouse strategic and decision making leadership position.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrated drive for results, managerial courage, and experience building cohesive teams. If you pride yourself on your decision quality, and effectively leading your team through change, this may be the opportunity for you!
The EDW Manager reports to the P1OS Director and has management authority over the EDW Program. The incumbent in this position is the designated HCA technical expert in the area of EDW development and is responsible for development and maintenance of the underlying Infrastructure to support both current and future direction of HCA's Enterprise Data Platform. Outcomes produced by the EDW Program are essential to HCA's overall operations and materially affect accountability for agency performance measures/outcomes. The incumbent:
- Provides strategic IT leadership for database design and the creation of Enterprise Data Platform architecture and data repositories;
- Drives Enterprise Data Platform decision-making that requires collaboration with multiple IT job families across the agency including policy and planning, business analysis, IT security, IT architecture and system administration;
- Directly liaises with internal executive and senior leadership, HCA's Division of Enterprise Technology Services, WaTech and other government agencies including Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services;
- Is accountable for design/creation of data models, road map development, EDW information and security architectures and supervision of all associated activities;
- Analyzes business opportunities that align EDW development with business priorities, and provides required recommendations;
- Manages all EDW development and maintenance processes and ensures collaboration and compliance with Data Governance and Enterprise IT processes.
Some of what you will do:
Provide strategic leadership and oversee the full life-cycle of development of HCA's Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Lead, direct and manage Enterprise Data Platform implementation and support in a cloud-based environment.
- In collaboration with the Chief Data Officer, develop standards for reporting and analytic tools to be applied agency wide. Monitor implementation and use of standards; develop and implement a measurement plan to monitor compliance.
- Remain current on data infrastructure, analytics and reporting technical solution sets and industry trends.
Develop, manage and oversee business information and data necessary for the management of HCA's Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Direct a unit of Data/Business analysts that collaborate with business stakeholders and technical experts to thoroughly analyze business requirements and translate business requirements into technical requirements. Participate in design sessions, and ensure enterprise standards are met with regards to quality, scalability and stability.
- Understand/align emerging regulatory issues surrounding information assets such as privacy laws, data retention policies, outsourced data and specific healthcare industry standards and guidelines.
Initiates and provides expert-level EDW support across the HCA.
- Direct the development and implementation of EDW infrastructure to ensure quality and management of data and information and the presentation of accurate and actionable data for use by internal and external customers.
- Build strategic partnerships with the Office of Medicaid Systems and Data (OMSD) technical staff and HCA technical staff
Manage and lead a team of 16 highly skilled technical staff and professional staff.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Management/Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or closely related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience as an information technology professional working with large mission-critical payment systems and data and/or administration of a data/reporting platform.
Experience in analytics or decision support functions, preferably in a healthcare or government agency.
Broad and deep knowledge of data warehouse methods, tools, ETL management and standards, techniques, and capabilities including the ability to analyze and develop EDW data governance processes. Experience with master data management and data governance.
7 years of progressively more responsible professional IT experience. An advanced degree may substitute for 3 years of this experience.
5 years' experience and advanced knowledge of databases gained through design and creation of complex relational databases, data warehousing, data analytics and analysis, including experience with large, complex administrative databases/warehouses.
Minimum three (3) years lead/supervisory and/or and team-building experience. Ability to build mentoring relationships. Ability to set goals for the team and ensure the team meets high quality work standards.
Experience with Agile development practices.
Expert level experience using Business intelligence tools such as SAS, SQL and data visualization tools such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, Tableau, etc.
Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS.
An understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and web services.
The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) purchases health care for more than 2 million Washington residents through Apple Health (Medicaid), the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program, and, beginning in 2020, the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program. Our agency is committed to whole person care, integrating physical health and behavioral health services for better results and healthier residents. As the largest health care purchaser in the state, we lead the effort to transform health care, helping ensure Washington residents have access to better health and better care at a lower cost.
About Olympia and Washington State
Washington State offers a total work/life package of pay, benefits, flexibility, and workplace opportunities to help you get the most out of your career and out of life. Washington State is a great place to work, play, and be a part of a community, offering quality of life that is unsurpassed. From the high energy urban center of Seattle, one of the nation's top ranked cities, to the more relaxed pace of our rural communities, Washington's distinctive Northwest lifestyle blends a progressive, creative culture with a casual nature.
How to Apply:
Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their NEOGOV profile will be considered. Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. To apply for this position you will need to complete your profile and attach:
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications for this position
- Current resume
- Three professional references, including a minimum of one past supervisor
If you have questions about the process, or need reasonable accommodation, please contact the recruiter before the posting closes.
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Human Resources Office at 360.725.1180 or email [email protected].
*Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. *
We understand that your life revolves around more than just your career and that your priority is making sure that you and your family will maintain health and financial security. That's why choice is a key component of our benefits package. We have a selection of health and retirement plans, paid leave, staff training and other compensation benefits that you can mix and match to meet your current and future needs.
Vacation (Annual Leave)
*Employees who are members of certain Unions are entitled to an additional personal leave day of their choice.Please refer to specific Collective Bargaining Agreements for more information.
- HCA employee
- HCA recruiter
- Work source
- Professional Association
- HCA Talent Acquisition Open House
- Career Fair
* Required Question