The physician works within the Hospitalist/ID Section of the Medicine Service to provide direct patient care.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited too:
- Responsible for inpatient care and follow-up for patients admitted to the General Medicine units of the Memphis Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) on academic or non-academic services as assigned.
- Responsible for medical consultation to inpatients admitted to other services at Memphis Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) including providing consultation services on the inpatient psychiatry unit.
- Supervision, training, and teaching of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center General Internal Medicine house staff and students for those applicants assigned to and who meet the qualifications for working on the Academic Services (must be eligible for UT faculty appointment.)
- Perform administrative and committee work related to improving patient care and clinical outcomes as assigned.
- Ensures appropriate care, promotion of Health, education and counseling of family members and control of risk factors for all General Medicine patients.
- Provide medical evaluation and direct the overall management of acutely ill, hospitalized patients with general medical problems on academic or non-academic services (no Intensive Care Unit care patients).
- Ensure that treatment is safe, timely, efficient, efficacious, evidence-based, and patient-centered.
- Work in collaboration with assigned NPs to perform the General Medicine evaluation, treatment and notes to inpatients admitted to Mental Health wards.
- Attend, participate, and present at regularly scheduled Medicine Conferences such as morning report, house staff and medical student conference, and Medicine Grand Rounds
- Remain in compliance with all educational, training, and competency requirements of Memphis Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC).
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (7:30am - 4:00pm) Variable tour based on attending call schedule
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required