FIRST DAY OF FILING
February27,2020 @ 8:00 a.m. (PT)
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and it subject to closure without prior notice.
Performs specialized clerical duties.
Positions allocable to this classtypically report to aclerical supervisoror higher andperform specialized clerical duties requiring a working knowledge of specialized subject matter and the specialized clerical functions involved. Performance of assigned duties requiresinitiative and independent judgment within procedural and policy limits.
- Processes documents according to established procedures; examples include reports, charts, tables and lists, bills, receipts, statements, case files, permits, licenses, and notices.
- Reviews documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Answers questions and provides information to the public concerning regulations, procedures, forms , applications, programs and services, and permit requests.
- Maintains records requiring specialized knowledge and judgment in the selection, compilation or computation of data; examples include cost records and distribution and control ledgers which can be posted without extensive knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Compares or segregates documents where specialized knowledge of the function and more than a routine check for completeness and accuracy is involved.
- Utilizes office- machines such as computers or terminals, copiers, scanners, or calculators incidental to the performance of other duties.
- Searches records and files for data where judgment and discrimination are required in selecting or abstracting material.
- Indexes and cross-references records and files.
- Sorts, arranges and files documents and publications; retrieves and issues filed materials.
- Calculates amounts due, collects fees, and issues receipts.
- Requests, receives, stores, inventories, and issues office supplies, and maintains related records.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail.
- May serve as a receptionist or counter clerk as needed.
Completion of Department of Human Resources Youth Worker (CYBP/CORE) program within the last twoyears.
*Applicants must have held or hold the payroll title of Youth Worker and have worked 40 hours a week for one year in the Countywide Youth Bridges Program.
No withholds will be allowed for this examination. Required experience must be fully met and indicated on the application by the last day of filing.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
2. - LIGHT. Lightphysical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping, or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
ALLinformation included in the application materials is subject toVERIFICATION.We may reject your application at any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made.
- FALSIFICATIONof any information may result inDISQUALIFICATION.
- UtilizingVERBIAGEfrom Class Specification and Selection Requirements serving as your description of dutiesWILL NOTbe sufficient to meet the requirements. Doing so may result in anINCOMPLETE APPLICATIONand you may beDISQUALIFIED.
This examination will consist of a multiple choice test, weighted 100%
- Drive for Success
- Service Professionalism
- Following Instructions
- Customer Focus
Applicants must meet theSelection Requirements and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the multiple choice test in order to be placed on the eligible register.
THE MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST IS NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19.
TRANSFER OF SCORES:
Applicants who have taken identical multiple choice test part(s) for other exams within the last 12 months will have their multiple choice test responses for the identical test part(s) automatically transferred to this examination.
This examination contains test parts that may be used in the future for new examinations. Your scores will be transferred to the new examination and may not be allowed to re-take any identical test parts for at least 12 months.
NOTE: ALL MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST INVITATIONS WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED ON THE APPLICATION. It is important that candidates provide a valid email address. Please [email protected]and [email protected] to your email address book and list of approved senders to prevent email notifications form being filtered as spam/junk mail.
Multiple choice test scores cannot be given over the phone.
Study guides and other test preparation resources are available to help candidates prepare for employment tests. An interactive, Online Test Preparation System for taking practice tests may be accessed on the Department of Human Resources website at http://hr.lacounty.gov/. Please click on Job Info Center, then click on Employment Test Preparation.
Applications will be processed on an as received basis and promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.
Theopen continuous eligibleregister resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the County of Los Angeles.
APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY.
Applications must be filed online only.We must receive your application by the last day of filingat 5:00 p.m. (PT). Applications submitted by U.S. Mail, Fax, or in person will not be accepted.Apply online by clicking on thegreen "Apply" button at the top of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacounty.Applications must be filed online athttp://hr.lacounty.gov.
Any additional documents,IF ANY, must be received at the time of filing or within fifteen (15) calendar days from application submission.
Note: If you are unable to attach documentation to your online application, you may email it [email protected] Please ensure to reference your attachment by writing your full name, examination title, and examination number on the subject of your email.
The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the SELECTION REQUIREMENTS.Fill out your application completely including the required Supplemental Questions detailing experience relating to theSelection Requirements.Provide any relevant job experience in the spaces providedso we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.
FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE:
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction historyunless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of offense(s).If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed
NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's orfriend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.
ADA Coordinator Email: [email protected]
Teletype Phone: (800) 899-4099
Alternate Teletype Phone: (800) 897-0077
California Relay Services Phone: (800) 735-2922
Department Contact Name: Sheenia Stewart
Department Contact Phone: (213) 738-2190
Department Contact Email: [email protected]
For detailed information, please click here
- I UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
- I UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS.
- USPS Mail
* Required Question