This position is responsible for the intake of new patients and periodic reassessments for all clinic patients to obtain vital insurance and financial information to determine program eligibility.The focus of the work involves verifying eligibility in insurance programs, updating local and state databases and the Electronic Health Record at the health agency and moderately complex claims processing and/or reimbursement tasks.
AFTER A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS IS RECEIVED
- Conducts brief face-to-face intakes with new or returning patients to collect demographic information and review clinic procedures and services.Ensures that all admission forms are completed and signed correctly and verifies financial and/or insurance eligibility documentation to initiate services.Ensures all data is entered into the appropriate systems and filed in the medical record.
- Conducts brief face-to-face meetings with established patients to collect updated residency and income every six months and processes required consent forms due annually to ensure that all admission forms are completed and signed correctly.Ensures all data is entered into the appropriate systems and originals filed in the medical record.
- Analyzes client's financial information to determine ability to pay.Establishes and maintains accounts in an automated data processing system.
- Prepares claim forms necessary to obtain reimbursement from insurance companies and governmental agencies.May take appropriate action to collect, adjust or write off charges according to policy.
- Tracks and monitors fees collected, waived fees and program income for the PMC for reporting purposes.
- Performs clerical duties such as classifying, consolidating, summarizing, sorting, filing and distributing documents.
- Compiles various reports and/or correspondence in accordance with standard operating procedures as required.
- Participates in and completes all necessary job related in-service training and continuing educational opportunities in order to maintain leading-edge knowledge.
- Regularly communicates with other team members and interfaces in a positive, constructive and helpful manner to promote cohesiveness, reduce conflict, and provide for resolution.
- Performs all other related duties involved in the operation of the Public Health Department as assigned or required.
NOTE: You must fill out the work history and education sections of application to show you have years of experience/education as required by hiring department or be disqualified.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four (4) years related experience in a health care organization or related setting.
- Experience with health care billing including Medicaid, Medicare, managed care plans, private insurance, contracts and private pay.
- Proficient with using automated systems such as electronic medical record systems, computer software including word processing, financial spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and uninsured individuals.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Tarrant County offers a full range of employee benefit programs for eligible employees, retirees, and their families. These programs include group health plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life and long- termdisability insurance; and flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care reimbursements. The County also provides retirement benefits. Full time employees participate in the Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS), and employees may also participate in a retirement savings program (Deferred Compensation). In addition to these "basic employee benefits" and retirement services, employees benefit from a variety of other programs including 12 paid holidays, a Wellness Program, and more.
*Note: These benefits are for Tarrant County employees only. For benefit information regarding Community Supervision and Corrections Department (CSCD) employees, please contact Patrice Harrison at (817) 884-1227.
* Required Question