About the Position:
The U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY is an academic institution located in the Hudson River Valley, 50 miles from New York City. The historic site is the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point is a self contained city with housing, a Department of Public Works, libraries, hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. Employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, Hudson Valley's performing arts center, and recreational facilities
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as primary data/data systems matter expert for Office of the Dean, U.S. Military Academy.
- Leads data management and systems analysis efforts for Dean and component elements for enterprise systems that support a wide range of functions, organizations and processes.
- Consults with customers and applies analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations.
- Develops contingency and long-range plans.
- Formulates, plans, implements manages, tracks, and evaluates large-scale and complex information technology data management projects and their associated requirements and risks.
- Manages an efficient project organizational structure and applies system architecture principles to projects.
- Designs assessment plans and experimentation strategies to support academic program improvement.
- Ensures safe and reliable integration of different elements of a system.
- Develops, manages, implements and administers content and document management systems for improving the relevancy and consistency of knowledge shared among users.
- Continually assesses future data management systems content requirements and the evolution of business practices that further define Enterprise Management Customer Service business relationships.
- Performs pivotal research with regard to on-going data management system initiatives for capturing, cataloguing, indexing, and presenting information.
- Continually analyzes the production process and develops goals, objectives, tools, policies and procedures for creating knowledge/content products.
- Recommends data management system strategies for reviewing and updating corporate knowledge products and the integration of information and content management policies into Enterprise Management Customer Service program goals, and services.
- Initiates and conducts comprehensive studies to centralize content stores for multiple formats, improve access and delivery of information, and measure performance of data management system technology tools for delivering information.
- Teaches one or two sections per semester in subject area of expertise to include developing lesson plans.
- Assesses cadets? progress by grading papers, tests, or other work with subject area of expertise in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or other data-science related field.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.