Are you looking for a part time IT support position? Do you like troubleshooting computers, setting up MS Windows, and helping people with computer issues? Are you looking for opportunities to get IT experience? Or are you looking to use your IT skills in a part time capacity? If so, then the Town of Oro Valley is looking for you! We have an opening for a temporary part time Help Desk Technician who will help our team with desktop support and deployment. During this eight month engagement, you will be working with the Town's IT team in a Windows enterprise environment. Our team is customer service oriented and focuses ondelivering excellent support to Town employees.
Under close supervision, work requires judgment in managing work activities to meet established schedules and goals. Provides technical support of software, hardware, operating systems, and PC applications. Provides IT support in a customer-oriented organization, where the exercise of excellent customer service, teamwork and relations is paramount.
Work includes daily support functions including: workstation construction, hardware and software upgrade and maintenance, analyzing problems and requests for support from customers, troubleshooting personal computer issues (hardware, software, or network), troubleshooting IT devices (e.g. printers, scanners, projectors, wireless access points, etc.) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides technical support to staff, including installing, diagnosing, repairing and maintaining computer hardware and software.
- Builds, installs and maintains PC's and operating systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skill in analyzing computer systems to identify problems, developing logical conclusions and effective system or program solutions.
- Hardware and software installation, operation, and maintenance of desktop and portable computers.
- Skill working with current Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Skill and support of current Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory functions in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking principles.
- Knowledge of database driven applications.
- Knowledge of telecommunications hardware.
- Knowledge of Internet elements including but not limited to www, email, ftp, DNS, TCP/IP, and html.
- Knowledge of the basics of electronic mail systems.
- Ability to analyze IT problems and to arrive at workable solutions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with users, vendors, associate personnel and department management in a responsive, helpful, courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing and to document work performed.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local laws, codes, and regulations pertaining to the use of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to perform physically demanding activities including climbing ladders, lifting and carrying heavy objects.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Individual must be judged acceptable based on Arizona Criminal Justice Information System background check and a screening by the Oro Valley Police Department.
- Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor environment.
Please make sure your application is complete by filling in the education and work experience sections of the application.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Oro Valley application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please call 1-855-524-5627 for customer support.
Oro Valley is located in northern Pima County, just three miles north of Tucson, and a quick drive to the University of Arizona and Tucson International Airport. With average high temperatures of 83.4 degrees, average lows of 53.8 degrees, the town sits at an elevation of 2,640 feet, covers more than34 square miles and has a current population of 41,011. Oro Valley was incorporated in April, 1974. Oro Valley is also quickly developing a strong reputation as home to the emerging bioscience and biotech industries. We are a young, diverse, dynamic community with a responsive government and our schools are among the finest inArizona.
* Required Question