This employee provides the full range of clerical duties within Michigan Department of Corrections Health Care Clinics. He/she works for the Medical Records Examiner Supervisor performing clerical duties within the health care clinic. This employee assists both the Medical Record Examiner and Secretary with completion of clerical duties necessary to operate a health care clinic. Assists the HIM to ensure that the necessary medical record information is provided to the MPRI team to ensure a seamless entry into the community. Actively promotes the MPRI program.
Job Specification located here.
Position Description located here.
Download Adobe reader here.Required Education and Experience
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
General Office Assistant 5
No specific type or amount of experience is required.
General Office Assistant 6
One year of administrative support experience.
General Office Assistant E7
Two years of administrative support experience, including one year equivalent to the intermediate level.
All required documents must be attached and submitted at the time of application for further consideration. Applications must be submitted throughNEOGOVto be considered.
Interested applicants who are attaching transcripts must attach a copy of yourofficialcollege transcripts indicating the specific type of degree earned and the conferred/graduation date. More information regarding what constitutes an official transcript can be foundhere. (un-official or web based transcripts will not be accepted)
If you have questions or need assistance uploading and/or attaching your documents, please call the MI-HR Service Center toll free at 1-877-766-6447.
The Department of Corrections may screen out job applicants who have been convicted of a felony in accordance with Public Act 191 of 2017.Applicants who have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony are ineligible for employment with the Department of Corrections until satisfactory completion of any sentence imposed, including parole or probation.
Full time employees receive between 15 and 35 vacation leave days per year. Employees also receive 13 sick days per year, and employees receive 8 hours of leave to participate in certain school functions or community activities. Employees may also qualify for up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for certain family or medical situations.
State employees receive 12 scheduled holidays each year, which include New Years Eve Day and New Years Day, Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day, Memorial Day, and Veterans Day just to name a few.
Alternative Work Schedules
Flexible work schedules and telecommuting options are available in many jobs.
Insurance and Other Benefits
Insurances include health, vision, dental and life. Employees also have the option to purchase additional life, accidental death, long term disability, long term care insurance, and legal services. Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and child care are also available.
Employees may invest income in a tax-deferred retirement investment program. The state offers two optional deferred compensation plans, the 457 and 401(k). Employees decide the amount you want deducted from your paycheck.
Employees receive a minimum 4% state contribution toward their retirement fund. If an employee elects to contribute more, the state will match that percentage (up to 3%). ORS administers two different retirement plans for State of Michigan employees: a Defined Benefit (DB) plan and a Defined Contribution (DC) plan. Use thefollowing link for detailed information:
Two plans for State Employees
- One to two years of administrative support experience.
- Two to three years of administrative support experience, including one year equivalent to the intermediate level.
- At least three years of administrative support experience, including two years equivalent to the intermediate level or one year equivalent to the experienced level.
- Central Office
- FOA Metropolitan Territory
- FOA Outstate Territory
- Kinross Administrative Offices
- Ionia Administrative Offices
- Jackson Administrative Offices
- Alger Correctional Facility
- Baraga Correctional Facility
- Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility
- Carson City Correctional Facility
- Central Michigan Correctional Facility
- Charles E. Egeler Reception and Guidance Center
- Chippewa Correctional Facility
- Cooper Street Correctional Facility
- Detroit Detention Center
- Detroit Reentry Center
- Earnest C. Brooks Correctional Facility
- G. Robert Cotton Correctional Facility
- Gus Harrison Correctional Facility
- Ionia Correctional Facility
- Kinross Correctional Facility
- Lakeland Correctional Facility
- Macomb Correctional Facility
- Marquette Branch Prison
- Michigan Reformatory
- Muskegon Correctional Facility
- Newberry Correctional Facility
- Oaks Correctional Facility
- Ojibway Correctional Facility
- Parnall Correctional Facility
- Pugsley Correctional Facility
- Richard A. Handlon Correctional Facility
- Saginaw Correctional Facility
- Special Alternative Incarceration Facility
- St. Louis Correctional Facility
- Thumb Correctional Facility
- Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility
- Woodland Correctional Facility
* Required Question