As a Food Service Worker, you will be a critical part of the team providing safe, clean facilities for our Veterans. You will be responsible for the nutritional health of the patients of the VA Central Iowa Health Care System. This position is located within Nutrition and Food Services.
Learn more about this agency
The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing duties that require proficiency is special procedures and board knowledge of service operations, such as food preparation, dish washing, dry and refrigerated storage, and food and beverage serving on a tray line.
- Making the final check of patient tray assembles for completeness, correct food temperature, and verify that food items on the tray are appropriate for the prescribed diet.
- Weighing and measuring food items and recipe ingredients.
- Using portion control scales and measuring devices to apportion individual items according to standardized recipes.
- Following directions in assembling, measuring, weighing, or mixing ingredients for supplemental feedings.
- Determines the quantities of ingredients needed to prepare required yields.
- Making conversions from the metric system to U.S. standard system.
- Providing patients with basic information about modified diets to help with menu selections such as carbohydrate counting.
- Prepares food to proper temperatures and maintains quality control and safety.
10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. 5 days a week, rotating
6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., 5 days a week,rotating
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., 5 days a week,rotating
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker/30135A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
This is an open continuous announcement. Resumes/Questionnaires received in USA Staffing in response to this announcement will be maintained in the USA Staffing job file. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to the Service. The Application packets for those who are found qualified for this position will be referred every 2 weeks until the announcement is closed, canceled or filled.