LATERAL TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY - This is a transfer opportunityrestrictedto permanent employees of the County of Kern who have successfully completed their initial probationary period.
Under supervision, to perform a wide variety of fiscal support activities requiring previous fiscal experience.Incumbents might perform activities related to: processing billings; collecting money and preparing deposits; providing customer service and resolving customers' problems; creating databases; and, conducting research.
- Verifies and processes a variety of financial documents.
- Performs general clerical duties, which may include: preparing mailings; opening, sorting, and distributing mail; maintaining office supplies; filing; and performing other fiscally related activities.
- Analyzes and reconciles a variety of financial account activities.
- Compiles and maintains financial and statistical data records; prepares and distributes related reports.
- Enters a variety of fiscally-related information into databases; maintains fiscal records and files.
- Assists in preparing complex financial documents, which may include proposals and analytical documents.
- Responds to requests for information and inquiries related to programs, policies, and/or other related information; researches customer discrepancies; resolves customer problems.
- Performs other duties of similar nature or level as required.
Two (2) years of fiscal support, bookkeeping, accounting support or experience related to the area of assignment; one year of bookkeeping training in an approved vocational training program or completion of 30 semester or 45 quarter units with coursework in accounting/bookkeeping at an accredited college or university may substitute for one year of experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to obtain the knowledge and skill to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Applicants must submit a copy of their typing or keyboard certificate, issued within the last two years, verifying a speed of 45 net words per minute and return it with their completed application by the application filing deadline. Certificates must conform to testing standards adopted by the Civil Service Commission.Typing certificates information may be found athttp://www.co.kern.ca.us/artman2/main/uploads/1/typing-certs.pdf.
A background check may be conducted for this classification.
All Kern County employees are designated "Disaster Service Workers" through state and local laws (CA Government Code Sec. 3100-3109 and Ordinance Code Title 2-Administration, Ch. 2.66 Emergency Services). As Disaster Service Workers, all County employees are expected to remain at work, or to report for work as soon as practicable, following a significant emergency or disaster.