Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Firefighter assigned to a crew engaged in airfield, structural firefighting, crash-rescue, and Hazardous Materials Technician, to operate firefighting vehicles of significant complexity; respond, to the presence or potential releases of hazardous materials for the purpose of stopping or controlling the release.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs hazard and risk assessment and conducts a complete incident analysis.
- Drives and operates firefighting vehicles, such as pumpers, aerial ladder trucks, and Airport Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) vehicles.
- Performs crash-rescue and firefighting duties involving air traffic or support operations where hazardous conditions are such that the expectancy for fire is high and potential for becoming destructive is great.
- Performs structural firefighting duties for a variety of facilities, which may include large multistoried buildings, industrial areas, and/or base storage facilities.
- Performs rescue of personnel and a variety of first aid measures to alleviate further injury and prepare the victim(s) for transport to a medical facility.
- Maintains firefighting equipment and fire station facilities. Performs functional tests and inspections. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and housekeeping duties associated with assigned facilities.
- Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.