The purpose of this position for the Greenville Fire/Rescue Department is to play a multi-functional role by providing basic and advanced life support emergency medical care and transportation for the sick and injured.
- Provides emergency and non-emergency responses to EMS, Rescue and other requests for service.
- Provides public education around child passenger seat installation and other safety techniques.
- Performs inventory on supplies along with restocking after each emergency and non-emergency response.
- Maintains medical and vehicle equipment in good working order.
- Cleans emergency vehicles and evaluates operational readiness.
- Operates emergency vehicles in order to respond and transport sick and injured patients to and from emergency care.
- Interviews patients and bystanders to determine nature of emergency.
- Interviews and assesses patients for injury and illness.
- Lifts and carries equipment, stretchers and patients.
- Takes and records vital signs and enters data into electronic databases and communicates with emergency providers.
- Maintains station by cleaning, dusting, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming and performing other related duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
? High school diploma or GED required.
? No specific experience requirements.
? North Carolina state certified EMT-Basic (or ability to obtain by reciprocity)
Preferred Completed Training:
? NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800
All applicants must:
? Be at least 18 years of age;
? Have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record;
? Be a United States citizen or a non-citizen who can provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States;
? Be of good moral character;
? Possess the mental, physical, and medical health to perform the duties of an Emergency Medical Technician;
? Be highly motivated with an interest in the emergency services field.
Boarded to practice as an EMT-B in Pitt County by the Medical Director or able to able to obtain within one month from date of employment;
? Must obtain a N.C. Class "B" driver's license within one month from date of employment.
The City of Greenville offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance. Employees in designated part-time positions may participate in some of the benefit programs offered to regular full-time employees.
Visit the City of Greenville Human Resources Websitefor a more in depth summary of our benefits.
- I have read and complied with the above statements.
- Less than high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college; no degree
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- I agree.
- I do not agree and therefore withdraw my application from further consideration.
* Required Question