About the Position:
This Position is with Headquarters (HQs), US Army Corps of Engineers, Directorate of Contingency Operations located at the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO); 441 G. Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20314.
The Duty Location will be determined upon the Selection of the Position.
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the Disaster Operations Manager and Emergency Support Function #3 (Public Works and Engineering) Team Leader.
- Develops Command procedures used for, training, exercises and events related to the Organization?s role in disaster response under the National Response Framework, Emergency Support Function #3, and Public Law 84-99
- Provides Emergency Support Function #3 (public works and engineering) under the NRF and Public Law 84-99 (Flood Control and Coastal Emergency), and subject matter expertise to various Federal Agencies and the organization.
- Works with FEMA to develop interagency training and workshops that enable agencies to have an understanding of the responsibilities and capabilities of the Organization, Emergency Support Function #3, and PL 84-99 in times of disaster response.
- Provides lifecycle mission management of Emergency Support Function #3 support during National Response Framework disaster operations from initial request for assistance to mission closeout.
- Primary advisor to the Command on FEMA and the Organization?s All Hazards Response, Recovery and Mitigation strategic, operational and tactical planning, execution and policy development in accordance with Stafford Act and Public Law 84-99.
- Communicates knowledgeably and effectively with senior leadership, peers, subordinates and teams within the Organization and with other Federal Agencies on Emergency Support Function #3, the National Response Framework, and Public Law 84-99.
75% or less - 75% Business Travel May Be Required for this position.