If you are highly organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines, consider this exciting opportunity. We need your secretarial experience at Western State Hospitalto provide a variety of complex clerical duties tosupport the Psychiatric Treatment and Recovery Center.Join us in Transforming Lives!
Some of what you'll do
- Compose letters, meeting notices, and agendas
- Proofread material andmake corrections for sentence structure, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Develop, modify and maintain databases
- Responsible for office record keeping, office filing, meeting deadlines and coordinating office operations such as preparing, delivering and picking up mail, ordering supplies, answering phone, and arranging for facility and equipment maintenance/repair
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries
- Perform complex word processing tasks, including merging and sorting, integrating text with graphics, creating footnotes and outlines
- Prepare spreadsheets involving formulas and create reports
What we're looking for
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs forword processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to navigate current data management information systems
- Ability to use multiple resources to come to conclusions
- Positive, professional attitude
Who should apply?
Professionals with a high school diploma or GED and two years ofincreasingly responsibleoffice experience requiring keyboarding or typing.
How to apply
Please include current contact information for three professional references with your application and attach the following:
- Letter of interest with a detailed description of how your experience relates to this opportunity
- Current chronological resume
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email or at (360) 725-5885 and reference job number 00168.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its program or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
We understand that your life revolves around more than just your career and that your priority is making sure that you and your family will maintain health and financial security. That's why choice is a key component of our benefits package. We have a selection of health and retirement plans, paid leave, staff training and other compensation benefits that you can mix and match to meet your current and future needs.
Vacation (Annual Leave)
*Employees who are members of certain Unions are entitled to an additional personal leave day of their choice.Please refer to specific Collective Bargaining Agreements for more information.
- I have less than one year of experience.
- I have one year but LESS than two years of experience.
- I have two to three years of experience.
- I have more than four years of experience.
* Required Question