DSHS Office Assistant 1 - Supported Employment
People applying for this job must have assisted supported employment and be enrolled with theDevelopmental Disabilities Administration.
As an Office Assistant 1 with Developmental Disabilities Administration in the Lacey office, you will perform various office/clerical duties. Join us today on our mission to Transform Lives!
Some of what you will do:
- Stack, open, code, and sort documents according to established procedures and categories
- Photocopies and collates material
- Ensure supplies are put away, checks inventory and records if supplies need to be ordered
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as computer, calculator, document imaging, printers and copy machines
- Perform incidental typing and data entry
- Perform basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
What we're looking for:
- High school graduation or GED
- Eligiblefor supported employment perWAC 388-891-0810
- Have a source of long term support (either on or off the worksite) that will assist in maintaining satisfactory job performance
- Basic office knowledge
Questions? Please contact Sean Brauner at (509) 363-4971 and reference #11896. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
We understand that your life revolves around more than just your career and that your priority is making sure that you and your family will maintain health and financial security. That's why choice is a key component of our benefits package. We have a selection of health and retirement plans, paid leave, staff training and other compensation benefits that you can mix and match to meet your current and future needs.
Vacation (Annual Leave)
*Employees who are members of certain Unions are entitled to an additional personal leave day of their choice.Please refer to specific Collective Bargaining Agreements for more information.
* Required Question