DSHS Psychiatric Social Worker 2
The passion you bring to your work and your aspiration to make a difference in this world cannot be put into any dollar amount. The best way to describe your honorable profession may be "Social Workers, not in it for the income but for the outcome"
Join the Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) and makea positive impact within our communityby becoming amental healthadvocateand helping shape the future of forensic mental health services in Washington State.
The Office of Forensic Mental Health Services (OFMHS)recently openedthe30 bed Fort Steilacoom Competency Restoration Program (FSCRP) to treat individuals needing competency restoration services in a safe and therapeutic environment. We have immediate anopening for a Psychiatric Social Worker (PSW).
As a Psychiatric Social Worker, you deliver professional and specialized social work support services to patients who are diagnosed with a mental illness and were ordered by a judge to receive competency restoration treatment. The value that you'll have goes beyond a onetime interaction and gives you the opportunity to have a lifelong impact to changing the lives of individuals who need it the most.
We are looking forteam players who have a calling to work with these clinically challenging individuals, have a strong work ethic and consistently display good judgment. In return, you'll receive an excellent benefit package that rivals any employer in Washington State, a challenging career and exciting chances to learn and grow.
Some of what you'll do:
- Perform psychosocial assessments and intake completion
- Assess relevant historical and current documentation to create a comprehensive background history addressing potential issues related to a patient's current competency status
- Support progress on client-centered goals and implement evidence-based interventions
- Assist in discharge planning and provide the necessary parties documentation
- Meet with assigned patients weekly to support progress and meet patient's needs
- Support the Social Learning Program through modeling and documentation, and provide resources for patients and staff related to successful growth
- Coordinate and deliver psycho-educational groups and individual interventions
- Serve as liaison between community and familial support to assist patients' restoration
- Assist staff in deescalating potential crises within the facility
- Complete timely documentation, including psychosocial assessments, discharge planning, progress notes and various reports
- Collaborate and consult with FSCRP interdisciplinary team to address the needs of patients and the facility
- Make recommendations to the team for potential barriers to competency and support system interventions targeting competency restoration
We are looking for social work professionals with
- A Master's degree in social work from an approved school of social work and one year of experience in counseling mentally or emotionally disturbed individuals or one year of professional case work experience.
What else we are looking for
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of social work
- Knowledge of principles and characteristics of mental and emotional illness
- Knowledge of current social and economic problems
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques; and individual and group behavior
- Ability to work cooperatively withstaff
- Ability to conduct therapeutic group and individual interviews
Feel free to contact the RecruiterAnette at [email protected] or call (206) 305 9381 andmention #10241 Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
We understand that your life revolves around more than just your career and that your priority is making sure that you and your family will maintain health and financial security. That's why choice is a key component of our benefits package. We have a selection of health and retirement plans, paid leave, staff training and other compensation benefits that you can mix and match to meet your current and future needs.
Vacation (Annual Leave)
*Employees who are members of certain Unions are entitled to an additional personal leave day of their choice.Please refer to specific Collective Bargaining Agreements for more information.
* Required Question