The Office of Naval Research (ONR) is seeking an outstanding individual to serve in this Civil Service position in the Senior Executive Service (SES) as the Director, Mission Support. This position serves as the executive responsible for the efficient mission execution through human capital, command logistics, information management and performance improvement for the ONR command.
Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the senior executive who has functional authority and responsibility for business-related functions within ONR, and will formulate, oversee, and enforce Department of the Navy (DON) policies.
- You will oversee Human Capital strategic planning, talent management and the instillation of performance culture, which requires extensive collaboration across the Naval Research Enterprise (NRE).
- You will oversee the logistical operations of ONR and field activities including facility management, security, and information technology infrastructure.
- You will coordinate and collaborate with NRE leadership to develop and implement data analytics and information management tools essential to manage Scientific and Technology research portfolio development and command business execution.
- You will oversee the performance improvement process, and coordinate and collaborate with NRE leadership to establish meaningful performance metrics, and develop and implement plans to meet them.
- You will serve as a direct civilian representative of the Executive Director and the Chief of Naval Research to the highest organizational levels on matters on your area of responsibility.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.