This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo
As a cornerstone of the Pueblo community for over a century, Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo is a leading employer, provider of quality mental health services, and a community partner.
In addition to a great location and rewarding, meaningful work, we offer:
- Distinctive career advancement opportunities throughout the state system
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Medical and Dental Health Plans
- Paid life insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- State of Colorado's Work-Life Employee discount Program offers a variety of discounts on services and products to State employees
Our Culture & Environment
Our vision is that the people of Colorado will be safe, healthy, and prepared to achieve their greatest aspirations. Through our core values listed below,CDHSstaff are committed to:
- Making decisions with, and acting in the best interests of the people we serve, because Colorado's success depends on their well-being
- Sharing information, seeking input, and explaining our actions because we value accountability and transparency
- Managing our resources efficiently because we value stewardship
- Promoting a positive work environment, and supporting and developing employees, because their performance is essential to Colorado's success
- Meaningfully engaging our partners and the people we serve because we must work together to achieve the best outcomes
- Committing to continuous learning becauseColoradansdeserve effective solutions today and forward-looking innovation for tomorrow
The purpose of the Nutrition Services Department is to provide quality food service and medical nutrition therapy to more than 1500 clients in a mental health care facility and the Colorado Department of Corrections. With over 100 employees, the department strives, within available resources, to provide adequate nutrition to clients based on medical, spiritual, ethnic, cultural, and mental health needs. Description of Job
The purpose of this position is to wash dishes, pots, pans and utensils; cleans equipment and dining room furniture. Assists dining services III positions or caterer. Counts, portions, assembles and serves food/snacks. May grill and re-therm food using appropriate equipment. This position works with all units/areas as a team player. May work in North Kitchen or dining rooms, based on business needs.
- Cleans kitchen equipment, hoods and dining room or North Kitchen areas.
- Washes dishes, utensils, pots and pans by using dishwasher or 3 compartment sink.
- Records dish machine wash and rinse temperatures.
- Pushes food carts to designated location.
- Position is required to push, pull lift or carry a minimum of 35 pounds, repetitively.
- Cooks/retherms food according to load slip directions.
- Portions and serves food items in an attractive manner according to patients' menus.
- Prepares beverages and snacks.
- Serves patients in dining room areas and follows modified diets. Monitors food quality.
- Records food temperatures.
- Complies with all federal, state, local and CMHIP regulations regarding sanitation, safety (ie equipment operation, work practices) and security (ie utensil counts, keys control.).
- Other duties as assigned
One (1) year of food service experience.
Employment history is calculated on a full-time basis (40/hrs per week). Part-time employment is calculated on a pro-rated basis to determine qualifications. Be sure your application specifically addresses your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments as they relate to the position and minimum requirements.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass a Colorado Bureau of Investigation background check, a Federal Bureau of Investigations background check, and a drug screen as a condition of employment
- Current, valid and unrestricted Colorado driver's license
- TB test
- Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare.
- Required to work weekends and holidays.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals and commercial cooking equipment.
- Required to travel to Department of Corrections at times to deliver food.
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
- Food service operations and the preparation and production of food
- Cleaning and sanitizing practices as they relate to food service operations
- Knowledge of safe food handling, and storage practices and regulations
- Knowledge of weights, measures, (e.g., food scales, measuring cups, and spoons), and food measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of the techniques used in mixing food (e.g., gelatin, pancake batter, salad dressing, scrambled eggs, etc.).
- Knowledge of cooking methods (e.g., frying, deep-fat frying, boiling, steaming, and baking).
- Knowledge of food safety related to handling and storing cooked foods, serving and storing temperatures and reading food thermometers.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available atwww.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at:www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax:303-866-5038. Phone:303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact by phone 1-800-929-0791 or email [email protected] at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support:If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (e.g. uploading or attaching documents to your online application) call NEOGOV technical support at855-524-5627Mon-Fri between6 am and 6 pm(Pacific Time). Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt upload (attach) it. Supplemental Information
How to Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume to their application.
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself. Applications left blank or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Comparative Analysis Process
The comparative analysis process for this position may consist of a structured application review, and a structured interview depending on the number of qualified applicants.
For Recruiting questions, please contact [email protected]
Note:Transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements are required to apply and participate in the selection process.
Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
The State of Colorado offers permanent employees a variety of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a comprehensive leave program. Please click the following link for detailed information: www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/benefits
Please note that each agency's contact information is different; therefore, we encourage all applicants toview the full, official job announcementwhich includes contact information and class title. Select the job you wish to view, then click onthe "Print" icon.
* Required Question