This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified persons, including Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officers. No previous federal experience is required. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to a position in the competitive service and may provide entitlement to Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeal rights.
Learn more about this agency
As the Deputy Director for the Center for Preparedness and Response, the incumbent will:
- Advise senior staff members and key agency officials on all activities that affect CDC-wide preparedness and response activities, policy, programs, projects and initiatives
- Participate as a member of CDC's senior leadership team, chartered with making long-term strategic decisions that impact the effectiveness and efficiency of the agency
- Provide direction in implementing Federal and Departmental regulations and establish CDC policies and procedures in the area of emergency management preparedness and protection. Initiates and implements broad and innovative practices and techniques for program management, including any related budget and acquisition issues related to the agency's preparedness and response activities and efforts
- Serve as a liaison with CDC/ATSDR management and staff with other federal agencies, local, state, national and international public and private health care provider organizations, law enforcement and other partners
- Exercise leadership to ensure all programs under his/her direction reflect the principles of workforce diversity in their management and operations in such areas as recruitment and staffing, employee development, staff assignments and communications.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position; 25% Domestic and 5% International