Positions vary in scope of activity and duties performed depending upon the department to which assigned. Positions in this class normally involve the performance of closely supervised routine and repetitive tasks according to established procedure.
- Assists regular employees in the more simple and routine aspects of their job; carries out specific assignments made by supervisor;
- Files books or a variety of documents;
- Performs miscellaneous manual tasks in and around department to which assigned;
- Packs and unpacks books or materials;
- Performs light duty cleaning and arrangement of specific areas.
- Transports materials to other units.
- Responds to requests for information from the general public; answers routine questions.
- Performs basic library circulation tasks.
- Operates standard office equipment such as copier, fax machine, audiovisual equipment and computer; assists patrons with equipment operation as needed.
- Assists the public in the use of departmental resources.
- Performs other duties as required.
All Kern County employees are designated "Disaster Service Workers" through state and local laws (CA Government Code Sec. 31003109 and Ordinance Code Title 2Administration, Ch. 2.66 Emergency Services). As Disaster Service Workers, all County employees are expected to remain at work, or to report for work as soon as practicable following a significant emergency or disaster.
This examination will establish an eligible list from which immediate appointment(s) will be made at the Kern County Library in McFarland. Other permanent and temporary appointments will be made as needed. Successful candidates will remain on the eligible list for a period of twelve months, unless specified otherwise by the Civil Service Commission.
WRITTEN EXAM (100%):May include knowledge of alphabetical and numerical sequences, Dewey Decimal system, basic math, customer service principles, and other relevant subjects.
Applicants must attain at least a 70% score on each phase of the examination process.
* Required Question