The Minnesota Judicial Branch (MJB) is pleased to announce an opening for a Lead position in our Data Services and Business Intelligence (BI) team within the Information Technology Division. This position will provide overall leadership, direction and guidance to the BI team in the development, maintenance, operation, and support of the MN Judicial Branch Data Services and BI offerings and service catalog. This includes, but is not limited to, managing projects related to new functionality, data marts, reports, upgrades, performance tuning, database indexing, performance monitoring, capacity planning, and customer requests in the areas of BI, the MN Judicial Branch Data Warehouse (MNJAD), and application databases. The ability to work in high-pressure situations, with critical and competing deadlines is key to the success of this position.
This role is responsible for providing work direction without direct supervisory responsibilities, to a team of SQL developers, Data Analysts, and Business Intelligence tool administrators to deliver excellent technical and non-technical support with outstanding customer service and highly available data services. Responsibilities also include responding to the evolving needs of the department's service offering and quality as well as serving as an escalation resource to the team for Data Warehouse, BI, SQL Server, and application database, issues and activities.
This full-time position is classified as an Information Technology Specialist V and will work normal business hours, Monday-Friday. This work will be conducted in an office setting at the Minnesota Judicial Center located in downtown St. Paul. The Minnesota Judicial Branch offers a comprehensive benefits package. To learn more about benefits, click here.Example of Duties
The following are examples of major job duties expected for this position to perform:
- Communicate with internal project teams/staff and with various business partners in support of data-related needs. This includes SQL Server needs for applications as well as reporting needs for decision-making purposes. Work with business unit leadership to clarify business needs and delivery expectations.
- Establish and implement standardized processes/procedures for development, maintenance, and support within responsible areas. This also includes issue reporting, processing, escalation and resolution; establishment of timelines for implementation activities; and communicating with internal staff and court customers.
- Prepare and deliver recommendations or alternatives, including the appropriate and necessary documentation, that address existing and potential problem areas within the Data Services area.
- Provide timely, complete, and concise communications related to supported systems. This includes identifying key performance indicators, proactively monitoring, reporting on trends and potential issues, and planning for future capacity and performance needs for supported systems.
- Provide leadership, as well as hands on work, in the areas of BI, Data Warehouse, and Database operations including indexing, performance tuning, proactive monitoring, and capacity planning.
- Manage and grow relationships with judicial customers, direct reports, peers, and independent vendors.
- Document and/or diagram policy, process, procedure, workflow and work instructions for related processes and functions.
Any combination of education, training, and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below will be considered:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent information technology experience.
- 5 or more years experience with Microsoft BI Stack. Technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Data Warehouse design, development, and operations
- SQL Development
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Power BI Report Server on premise solutions
- Data Mart Design and Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership, listening, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with customers at all levels in the organization and must possess the ability to develop effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant or technical lead.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and able to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex Data Services-related problems.
- Familiarity with the Kimball Data Warehouse/BI Lifecycle.
- Familiarity with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Public.
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools such as R, Python, SPSS.
- Knowledge of court business procedures and policies, including specific court functions and processes sufficient to understand and identify user needs, potential resources, and complexities.
- Work experience related to courts and/or criminal justice.
- Experience with agile processes.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch (MJB) is committed to providing fair and equal access to justice. If you share this same commitment, desire a meaningful career serving the public, and want the opportunity to make a difference for your community, consider a career with us. We celebrate and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and actively seek and encourage applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and characteristics. Minnesota Judicial Branch employees consistently express pride in their public service and in the quality of programs and services provided to customers, as well as appreciation for the teamwork and collaboration that is promoted within the MJB.
SALARY RANGE: $37.75 - $58.51 per hour ($78,822 - $122,169 annually)
TO APPLY: Visit www.mncourts.gov. Complete and submit your online application with resume and cover letter attached by February 28, 2020 at 11:59pm. Employment offers may be rescinded if the required criminal background check identifies job related convictions.
It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding employment are made without discrimination on the basis of disability. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability to participate in the employee selection process by contacting HR, [email protected]
Human Resources, Rm. G08
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55155
The Minnesota Judicial Branch offers a comprehensive benefit package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, life and disability insurance.
For a more detailed overview of our regular employee benefits package, please follow this link Employee Benefits Package