Provides professional and courteous service to all visitors and PUD customers. Completes customer transactions and receives visitors. Answers incoming calls and emails, directing people to the appropriate department.Examples of Duties
It is essential for all employees to adhere to Northern Wasco County PUD policies, procedures, and workplace behavior expectations.
- Work directly with customers to properly identify and meet our customers' needs and expectations. Assist customers with making cash, check, electronic check or credit card payments in person, by mail, drop box, or over the phone to ensure payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Balancing cash drawers and receipts daily.
- Receive and direct incoming telephone calls and visitors.
- Assist customers setting up new service, both in person, over the phone or email. Gathering information and inputting data in billing system to ensure accurate bills are created.
- Assist customers with requests for disconnects, address changes and updating any information to maintain accurate billing information.
- Communicate PUD billing and payment options to meet individual customer needs and increase efficiency for customers and NWCPUD.
- Address customer concerns on service policies, security deposits, billing questions and outages by providing accurate information and reasonable, effective, and timely solutions.
- Perform clerical tasks to organize work, including filing, typing, and computer work.
- Maintain an adequate supply of forms at the front counter and lobby.
- Cross-train with other positions in order to cover vacations, sick leave and vacant positions.
- Assist in promoting positive public relations for the PUD by participating in public affairs events as requested.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. A job description is a summary of the essential and anticipated additional functions of a job and does not represent an all-inclusive list of tasks or procedures
Tasks and information relative to this position are of a confidential and/or sensitive nature requiring strict confidentiality and professional conduct.Position deals with regular and recurring work situations and operates from established and well-known procedures.Position receives moderate supervision.
Contacts are made both within and outside the PUD, with the general public, firms, organizations, federal, state, county, city and other groups as deemed necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position. Typical Qualifications
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills
- Maintain positive, courteous, and respectful behaviors, and work cooperatively with PUD customers, employees, supervisors, and the general public.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment; fax machine, copy machine, PC, etc.
- Ability to use math skills, including algebra.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use a 10-key keyboard pad.
- Strong skills in the following software: Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must understand and operate the District's utility computer billing system within 90 days of employment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- One-year experience in customer service.
- Preference given to applicants that also have experience handling cash.
Other combinations of education and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to do the work will also be considered Supplemental Information
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. The working environment is generally favorable, with no exposure to hazardous conditions caused by noise, dust, or other factors. Occasional travel for business or into the field may be required.
- Movement throughout NWASCO building.
- Stand or sit at a work station for much of each shift.
- May lift up to 20 pounds frequently and/or occasionally carry up to 40 pounds.
- Communicate with others, typically by speaking and hearing.
- Use of a computer for extended periods of time reviewing, researching, and entering data.
- May occasionally need to travel for training or conferences located in a city or town other than assigned work location.
For jobs that require travel: Must have valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record under NWASCO's policies and procedures or the ability to arrange acceptable transportation for self. An annual consent for a release of one's driving record is also required.
All PUD employees are expected to work outside of normal business hours when required during emergency restoration activities and to accomplish other special projects.
Northern Wasco County PUD reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
75 miles from Portland, we are located in a recreational area providing: water sports, fishing, bicycling, skiing, camping, hunting, artisan shopping, hiking all within short traveling distance. A wide variety of benefits are offered, including PTO, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, VEBA, 401(k) and 457(b).