Applications are reviewed on a flow basis as departments submit requests, meaning applications are reviewed as needed.
SALARY:STUDENT WORKER III - $12.60/Hour
Incumbents may also be eligible for bilingual incentive depending upon operational needs and certification skills.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:AStudent Worker may only work fora two (2) year period. During that two (2) year period, aStudent Worker may only work a total of 2,080 hours,working no more than1,040 hours in each year of that two (2) year period.
You will not be placed on the eligible list until you submit proofof academic/technical college/university class enrollment.Placement on the eligible list does NOT guarantee that all candidates will be contacted by hiring managers for interviews, nor imply that there are immediate openings available for all selected types of Student Worker positions.
Hiring managers are not obligated to interview every candidate on a list referred to them. Factors to be considered may include education, training, experience and/or work availability.
OPENING DATE: January 8, 2019
CLOSING DATE:Continuous and may close at any time; therefore, the schedule for the remainder of the process will depend upon when we receive a sufficient number of qualified applications to meet business needs. Examples Of Duties
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Data entry.
- Shelving books.
- Filing and pulling material from established files.
- Opening and sorting mail.
- Delivering mail and supplies.
- Proofreading written material.
- Assisting with research.
- Operating office equipment and machines.
- Assisting with collection and analysis of statistical data.
- Assisting with conducting special studies in a variety of occupational fields.
- Assisting with the preparation and the presentation of oral and/or written reports.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
NOTE:Student Worker III is represented by the Service Employees' International Union (SEIU), and incumbents in this bargaining unit are employed as extra-help and are noteligible for benefits. Typical Qualifications
These are the minimum employment qualifications for students who wish to work for the County of Ventura.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE:
Student Worker III - No experience is required. Students must provide proof that they are enrolled inat leastnine (9) units of academic/technical college/university courses at the undergraduate level and at least six (6) units at the graduate level.
PLEASE NOTE: Some departments may require proof that the students be enrolled in a minimum of twelve (12) units of academic/technical college/university courses at the undergraduate level.
StudentWorker III'smay work during the summer upon providing evidence that they have graduated from high school or carried at least nine (9) units in the previous spring session, are enrolled for at least nine (9) units for the next fall session, OR are enrolled in at least three (3) units of summer courses.
NOTE: Audits of class enrollment will be routinely completed to ensure minimum requirements are being met.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Some jobs may require a valid California driver license.Recruitment Process
FINAL FILING DATE:This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested in it. Your application and proof of class enrollment must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources in Ventura, California, no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
To apply online, please refer to our web site athttp://www.ventura.org/jobs. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5129 for application materials. Our address is: County of Ventura, Human Resources Division, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura, CA 93009.
Note to Applicants: It is essential that you complete all sections of your application and supplemental questionnaire thoroughly and accurately to demonstrate your qualifications. A resume and/or other related documentation may be attached to supplement the information in your application and supplemental questionnaire; however, it/they may not be submitted in lieu of the application and supplemental questionnaire.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE ? qualifying: All applicants are required to complete and submit the questionnaire for this examination AT THE TIME OF FILING. The supplemental questionnaire may be used throughout the examination process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications and acceptability for the position. Failure to complete and submit the questionnairemay result in the application being removed from consideration.
APPLICATION EVALUATION ? qualifying: All applications will be reviewed to determine whether or not the stated requirements are met. Those individuals meeting the stated requirements will be invited to continue to the next step in the screening and selection process.
Candidates successfully completing the stated requirements may be placed on an eligible list for a period of six (6) months.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: Applicants may be subjected to a thorough background investigation which may include inquiry into past employment, education,criminal background information, and driving record may be required for this position.
We do not accept resumes in lieu of our application form, nor do we accept any application materials via email.
For further information about this recruitment, please contactSabrina Anderson by e-mail at [email protected]
- Currently enrolled in at least nine (9) units of academic courses at the undergraduate level.
- Currently enrolled in at least six (6) units at the graduate level.
- Graduated high school in previous Spring.
- Enrolled in at least nine (9) units in previous Spring.
- Enrolled in at least the (3) units in Summer session.
- Enrolled in at least nine (9) units in next Fall session.
- None of the above.
- A copy of my student enrollment is attached to my on-line application.
- I do not have and/or cannot submit a copy of student enrollment by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. I understand that this means that I will not be considered further in the recruitment process.
- Not Applicable
- Agricultural Commissioner
- Air Pollution Control District
- Area Agency on Aging
- Auditor Controller
- Department of Child Support Services
- County Clerk Recorder
- County Executive Office - Administration
- County Executive Office - Human Resources
- District Attorney
- Fire Protection District
- General Services Agency
- Health Care Agency
- Human Services Agency
- Information Technology Services Department
- Library Services Agency
- Probation Agency
- Public Works
- Public Defender
- Resource Management Agency
- Ventura County Sheriff's Department
- I would like to work for any agency.
- Not interested in working for the Library
- Ventura - Avenue Library
- Fillmore Library
- Ventura - E.P. Foster Library
- Meiners Oaks Library (Ojai Valley area)
- Oak Park Library (East Ventura County)
- Oak View Library (Ojai Valley area)
- Ojai Library
- Piru Library
- Port Hueneme - Ray D. Prueter Library
- Saticoy Library
- El Rio ? Albert H. Soliz Library
- Aerospace Engineering
- Behavioral Science
- Business Administration
- Business Economics
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Criminal Justice
- Digital Publishing and Web Media
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Science
- Fire Science
- Health Science
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Industrial Technology, Concentration in Computer Electronics and Network Technology
- Industrial Technology, Concentration in Manufacturing Systems
- Information Technology
- Justice Studies, Forensic Science, Concentration in Biology or Chemistry
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Law Enforcement
- Liberal Studies
- Library and Information Science
- Linguistics and Language Development
- Management and Information Systems
- Medical Assistant
- Mechanical Engineering
- Military Science (Army ROTC)
- Nutritional Science
- Occupational Therapy
- Other ? Please answer question 8.
- Beginner (basic formulas, formatting)
- Intermediate (more complicated formulas, pivot tables)
- Advanced (complex formulas, charts, pivot reporting, macros)
- Beginner (create a presentation on a formatted template)
- Intermediate (customize a presentation, add tables, charts, graphs)
- Advanced (insert sounds, video clips, link to internet, control animation)
- Beginner (basic word processing, spelling/grammar check)
- Intermediate (templates, tables)
- Advanced (mail merge, create table of contents, modify templates)
- I am willing/able to work during the Spring session.
- I am willing/able to work during the Fall session.
- I am willing/able to work during the Winter session.
- I am only willing/able to work during the Summer session (June ? August).
- I am willing/able to work during all school sessions.
- Any time between 8:00 a.m. ? 12:00 p.m. (Spring, Fall, Winter sessions)
- Any time between 1:00 p.m. ? 5:00 p.m. (Spring, Fall, Winter sessions)
- Any time between 8:00 a.m. ? 5:00 p.m. (Summer session)
* Required Question