The Orlando VA Healthcare System is looking for a Psychologist will work within the Primary Care Mental Health Integration Team (PCMHI) for our Lake Nona/Lake Baldwin/Viera/Daytona and Deltona Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC). The psychologist functions within fast-paced primary care teams and can expect to provide a variety of services for on avg. 7-8 patients per day in addition to consulting as needed with their PACT team members.
Learn more about this agency
**FIRST CUT REFERREL LIST WILL BE ISSUED 15 BUSSINESS DAYS FROM RELEASE OF VACANCY, AND MAY BE TAKEN DOWN AT ANY TIME IF A SELECTION IS MADE PRIOR TO CLOSING DATE OF THIS VACANCY**
The primary goals are assisting PACT team members with identification, treatment, and management of mental health and behavioral medicine conditions in the enrolled population. The PC-MHI psychologist uses population based practice management strategies to include conducting brief assessments, based on 30 minute appointments, referring to Mental Health care services as appropriate, and using brief screening tools to track progress and inform care routinely (e.g., PHQ-9, PCL, AUDIT C, etc.). Highly successful staff members understand the need for exceptionally high level interpersonal skills, above average flexibility/adaptability and a deep appreciation for team work. Evening and Saturday hours may be required. CVT/Telehealth experience HIGHLY DESIRED.
The selectee will be responsible for monitoring patients, providing education and support, influencing adherence to guidelines by providing "on-time, on-target" information to primary care physicians, and collaboratively making appropriate care decisions. The incumbents are expected to adhere to service standards regarding matters of timeliness, accuracy, and compliance with procedures and quantity of work produced. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the psychologist for an inter-disciplinary team, with an emphasis on integration of mental and behavioral health services within primary care;
- As a full clinical member of the clinic, provides a full range of diagnostic and evaluation services appropriate to the primary care setting, especially in the areas of general psychological evaluation of emotional and behavioral problems and focused cognitive assessments;
- Provides a full range of psychological interventions consistent with training and expertise, with special emphasis on brief and evidenced-based interventions found to be effective in primary care settings;
- Facilitates patient and family education appropriate to the primary care setting and the specific presenting mental or behavioral health issues;
- Provides consultation services for primary care providers to maximize the effectiveness of their interventions in reducing health-risk behaviors and enhancing health-promoting behaviors, with a significant emphasis on a prevention-oriented model of care;
- Supports Primary Care Provider (PCP) decision-making, building on PCP interventions and improving PCP-patient working relationships;
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: The selectees may be required to work or travel between any of the locations within Corporate Orlando, including the new Lake Nona campus. The selectees may also be required to work various shifts, including Saturdays, on a permanent or temporary basis, based on patient care needs.
Functional Statement Title: Psychologist - Primary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI)
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies in similar positions within corporate Orlando. This includes the same grade level and occupational series, but may be used for a different service or location.