APPLY BEGINNING 8:00 AM DECEMBER 7, 2018.THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND WILL CLOSE WHEN THE 50TH QUALIFIED APPLICATION IS RECEIVED.
The Department of Financial Management, Fleet Services Bureau has an immediate opening for a full-time, unclassified Clerk Typist III. This position will provide support to the Division Superintendent and document control for the Fuel Operations and Underground Storage Tank (UST) program. This position works at the Fleet Services Bureau facility located at 2600 Temple Avenue, Long Beach 90806.
- Produces a variety of reports using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Enters data and produces reports using Fleet Maintenance Software System (M-5) database and other computer programs;
- Monitors and programs fuel access keys for City and contract personnel;
- Tracks fuel usage/deliveries and spending, and tracks contract expenditures with other vendors/consultants;
- Ensures all fuel-related transactions are properly billed;
- Interfaces with interdepartmental staff, vendors, public and outside agencies in person or by telephone;
- Maintains central files consisting of reports, correspondence, and various documents;
- Processes quarterly and annual tax forms and invoices for payment;
- Assists the Superintendent and other managers with reports on meters, fuel use, fuel spend or other fuel-related projects;
- May be assigned to other special projects within Fleet Services;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Two years of paid (full-time equivalent) progressively responsible clerical experience;
- A valid California Class C Driver License.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and customer service skills including the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to complete assignments independently, accurately, and on time;
- Excellent planning and time management skills;
- Flexible and adaptable with respect to changing priorities;
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures;
- Exceptional work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
- Proficient in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English language skills;
- Skilled in a wide range of software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook, and database programs such as Access.
This information is available in an alternative format by request to the Department of Public Works, Personnel Division, at (562) 570-4686. If you require an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in any phase of the application process, please request when submitting your application or contact the Personnel Division at (562) 570-4686.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, THE DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT VALUES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN ITS WORKFORCE.
Long Beach is a dynamic city covering over 52.3 square miles and featuring 8 miles of shoreline, beaches and scenic marinas.It is the 5th largest city in California and the 32nd largest city in the United States.Long Beach is also the most diverse community with a population of over 487,000 and offers its residents and visitors entertainment, shopping, fine dining, golf courses, cruise lines, historical and cultural districts and tourist attractions like the Aquarium of the Pacific, Farmer's Market, Toyota Grand Prix, Long Beach Museum of Art, Queen Mary, and the Pike at Rainbow Harbor.Long Beach Unified School District received the Broad Prize for the Best Urban School District.Long Beach is a city where you can live, work and play.
* Required Question