Under supervision, the purpose of the position is to assist in maintaining the safety of facilities in the assigned functional area, and to maintain accountability paperwork in accordance with policies, regulations, and procedures. Employees in this classification perform at entry level, and are responsible for performing general administrative support duties as it relates to departmental operations. The employee may work independently within the scope of established laws, rules, regulations and procedures of the work.Essential Job Functions
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Observes inmate conduct and behavior while performing duties; monitors work environment to ensure safe working conditions are maintained at all times; maintains strict control of hazardous tools and materials, as well as locks, keys, and other items which could be used for illicit purposes. Will observe nudity and possible lewd acts.
- Assists Officers working inside inmate housing areas.
- Completes facility forms, i.e. logbooks, inmate accountability, maintenance, etc.
- Conducts and documents visual checks.
- Performs a variety of critical record keeping duties; maintains a variety of departmental records, databases and filing systems and relevant materials appropriate to assigned unit.
- Maintains custody of restraints, video equipment, and logs.
- Maintains inventory levels within the assigned functional area to ensure continuous and efficient operation of facilities; submits requests for inventory; receives and records deliveries of equipment and supplies; retains inmate property in safekeeping
- Maintains inventory levels of equipment; initiates requisitions for repair and/or additional supplies.
- Prepares recommendations for replacement of disposed items so stock remains at a consistent level to meet the needs of the facility.
- Monitors work environment to ensure safe working conditions are maintained at all times.
- Receives telephone inquiries and concerns, ascertaining the nature of the call, and resolving personally, directing it to the appropriate individual or department, or acting as liaison to the appropriate Corrections staff.
- Must be able to work all shifts and overtime as required.
- Performs duties as assigned/necessary which are related, or logical in assignment to the position.
High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by work experience performing routine clerical work and tasks. Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment; knowledge of clerical and secretarial support functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- General awareness of security procedures. Basic first aid.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state and local rules, regulations, ordinances, and other regulatory standards applicable to the work.
- Ability to deal tactfully and cordially with a variety of people from different cultural backgrounds; ability to deal with people in a variety of changing and complex situations.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, or climb stairs for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work all shifts.
- Ability to access, operate and maintain various software applications.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment e.g., computer terminals, printers, copy machines, telephone systems, facsimile machines.
- Ability to read, update and maintain various records and files; knowledge of administrative support functions, e.g., records maintenance, data analysis, reports processing, documentation proofing.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Demand: Medium
- 50 pounds maximum lifting.
- Frequent (up to 2/3 of the work time) lifting, carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by spoken word or perceiving sound by ear.
- Good eye sight for production or safety of self and others.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of light work.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and climb stairs for extended periods of time.
Osceola is a dynamic county that offers an exciting, stable career with incredible employee benefits such as 11 annual holidays, accrued annual/vacation and sick leave, FRS retirement, training and development, and participation eligibility in a deferred compensation (457) plan. In addition, Osceola County offers Medical/Health insurance, Pharmacy coverage, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and a state of the art Employee Health and Wellness Center.Foradditional information about Osceola Countybenefits,visit us at: