- Responsible for permitting, design, construction and supervision of construction, and resident inspection of water and wastewater projects, and similar public works projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reviews plans and specifications submitted for private development for compliance with county standards.
- Oversees construction administration and supervises staff in the inspection of various capital improvement projects and rehabilitation & replacement projects.
- Acts as project manager for which responsibilities include: conducting meetings, reviewing pay applications, assuring work performed meets the criteria set per the bid documents and/or county standard details, and assisting in project close outs.
- Negotiates and oversees utility consultant contracts and projects. Reviews plans and specifications for conformance with project scope and County utility standards.
- Supervises, plans, and directs development of engineering and feasibility reports; assists with preparation; and administration of budgets; contract administration; and special assessment projects.
- Assists the division director in development of capital improvement program.
- Assists in the development of facility plans and documentation/applications for State Revolving Fund (SRF) and other state and federal grant and loan programs.
- Complies with all laws under the Florida Statutes and rules pertaining to the Board of Professional Engineers.
- Attends work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Must adhere to Federal, State, County and Local ordinances.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge in field of civil engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of modern engineering practices and procedures as they apply to public works.
- Thorough knowledge of modern developments, current literature and sources of information in the area of public works engineering.
- Able to plan and direct the work of professional engineers, contractors, technicians, and clerical personnel.
- Able to give technical and professional review to a wide variety and large volume of engineering plans, specifications and related documents.
- Able to present clear and concise reports, orally and in writing.
- Able to work under stressful conditions.
- Able to respond to emergency situations.
- Able to interact effectively with others.
- Must be able to relocate to other county locations based upon operational needs.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull 10 pound objects occasionally. Ability to walk, bend, climb, kneel, reach, crawl, talk, grasp; finger dexterity. Visual acuity (peripheral vision, depth perception, color acuity) necessary to operate a motorized vehicle and review complex schematics.Limited requirement to traverse construction sites with uneven terrain.
Environmental Demands: Primarily inside work. Limited exposure to construction sites with noise/vibrations, insects, dust, fumes, chemicals, inclement weather (heat, humidity, cold, rain)
Mental Demands: Ability to read and comprehend technical and scientific instruments, documents, and literature; legal documents, statutes, instruments; blueprints, layouts, mechanical drawings; memos, instructions, manuals. Ability to write business letters, evaluations, summaries. Ability to speak clearly and concisely relating information, details and procedures to layman; conversant in theory and practices of discipline. Ability to perform advanced mathematical functions (geometry, trigonometry.) Ability to identify and resolve problems. Ability to analyze data and develop conclusions.
The County of Volusia observes the following holidays annually:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Temporary and intermittent employees are not paid for holidays and are not eligible for benefits.
- I have read and understand the above statement.
- Not Applicable
1.) The registration number,
2.) Year of initial registration, and
3.) Expiration date.
If you answered "No" please indicate N/A.
Check all that apply.
- Wastewater and reuse,
- Water distribution
- Treatment plants.
- No Experience
- County of Volusia website
- Daytona Beach News Journal
- Social Media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Linked In)
* Required Question