The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) provides a wide range of human services designed to promote self-sufficiency, safety and well-being for all Georgians. The department is one of the largest agencies in state government with an annual budget of $1.8 billion and nearly 9,000 employees. DHS is comprised of three Divisions: the Division of Aging Services, the Division of Child Support Services, and the Division of Family and Children Services.
The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS), Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) is seeking candidates for the position of Child Support Services Agent Supervisor. This position is based at the DCSS office located in Morrow, ClaytonCounty, GA.
DCSS is the division within DHS that enhances the well-being of children by locating non-custodial parents; establishing paternity and support orders; enforcing and modifying support obligations; and collecting and distributing child support payments. This program promotes parent accountability and self-sufficiency while reducing the public responsibility for providing financial and medical support to children. DCSS also administers several outreach programs to include but not limited to Fatherhood, Prison Re-Entry and Problem Solving Court. All of these outreach initiatives are devoted to increasing non-custodial parental involvement in the child's life.Job Description
- Manages a limited number of Fatherhood professional subordinates, serves as a liaison for DCSS, the Federal OCSE, and state entities regarding the fatherhood forums.
- Establishes strategic partnerships in an effort to assist non-custodial parents in locating opportunities and/or resources leading to career employment paying above minimum wage, increasing the non-custodial parent's self-sufficiency, and to encourage increased emotional, parental and financial involvement in the lives of their children
- Performs outreach to recruit partnerships and supplement existing services.
- Interacts with other agencies, the judiciary, local government and the local media to promote the Fatherhood Program.
- Works closely with the Performance Management Section to ensure that Fatherhood's core work and activities are in compliance with standard operating procedures and ensures that Fatherhood professional subordinates individual and team goals and objectives are met and exceeded in support of department and agency goals and objectives.
- Develops recommendations on system changes needed to enhance and support reporting requirements.
- Performs other professional responsibilities as assigned by manager, director or leadership team.
- Evidence of exceptional critical thinking skills, good judgment and decision-making abilities to monitor and manage a caseload to ensure that child support obligations are met
- Ability to use customer service skills to include active listening and negotiation ability
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and/or standard software applications typically used in a corporate office environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of relevant experience.
- High school diploma or GED AND Four years of relevant experience, Two years of which at an advanced/supervisory level.
- Two years of experience at the lower level Client SupportSvcsAgent 3 (SST062) or position equivalent.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DHS will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
Criminal Background Checks/Applicant Privacy Rights
All applicants may be subject to a drug screen, a motor vehicle report check andmay be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of criminal history information
through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Applicants have the right to challenge the contents of any criminal history record obtained for the purpose of employment with DHS. For an explanation of these rights, please read, "Applicant Privacy Rights" at:http://gbi.georgia.gov/sites/gbi.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/ApplicantPrivacyRights.pdf(Download PDF reader)
NON-CRIMINAL JUSTICE APPLICANT'S PRIVACY RIGHTS
NON-CRIMINAL JUSTICE APPLICANT'S PRIVACY RIGHTS As an applicant that is the subject of a Georgia only or a Georgia and Federal Bureau of Investigation
As an employee of DHS, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: [email protected].
DHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of DHS to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
In addition to a competitive salary, DHS offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account. Visithttp://team.georgia.gov/for more information.
Health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, healthcare and childcare spending accounts, and life insurance plans are available.
Health Benefits: 1-800-610-1863State Health Benefit Plan
Flexible Benefits:1-877-342-7339GA Breeze Portal
State employees participate in the Employee's Retirement System. Contributions are based on a percentage of salary and service date entry
Employee Retirement System: 1-800-805-4609ERS Website
Tax shelter plans are available that enable employees to provide for greater retirement security. Fund programs are available in both 457(k) and 401(k) plans.
Peach State Reserves: 1-877-342-7339ERS / Peach State Reserves
Employees are eligible to become members of theAtlanta Postal Credit UnionandGeorgia United Credit Union
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- Some College/Tech
- High School Diploma
- None of the Above
- Less than 1 Year
- 1+ Years
- 2+ Years
- 3+ Years
- More than 4 Years
* Required Question