Culver City is a Charter City incorporated in 1917, and is a destination filled with outdoor cafes, unique shops and galleries opening onto pedestrian-friendly boulevards. Culver City has a dedicated staff of approximately 700 employees with an overall operating budget of over $250 million. The City provides a full range of municipal services including Fire, Police, Community Development, Public Works, Parks, Recreation, and Community Services, and Transportation.THE POSITION
This position is responsible for maintaining and operating Central Stores Warehouse by ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, and issuing goods, vehicle parts, stock, tools, supplies, and equipment used for transit maintenance and other City departments.
- Supports the formation of a competent and motivated work force by training, developing, and motivating subordinates.Keeps division staff informed of plans and policies which affect their job performance.
- Directs the work activities of the City's Central Stores Warehouse, andCentralStores Specialists.
- Achieves productive output levels from division staff.Assures the work produced meets acceptable standards of quality.Meets established deadlines for work to be completed.
- Prepares various specifications, bids, and quotations for materials, goods, and services.
- Prepares written drafts, reports, requisitions, and documents.Independently or in accordance with general instruction, composes correspondence requiring judgment and knowledge and familiarity with modern purchasing practices and policies.
- Prepares and coordinates formal and informal bids for products and services.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders for materials, equipment, services, and contracts.
- Places a variety of telephone, facsimile, and written purchase orders to obtain supplies, materials, equipment, and services for the City's.
- Investigates inadequate requisitions, delinquent orders, errors in invoices, and materials received.
- Maintains a perpetual inventory system.Records all receiving and issuing transactions.
- Maintains catalog and price library, bidder and vendor sources for maintenance departments.
- Operates a forklift and physically receives and stores stock.Checks shipments for condition, shortage, and discrepancies.
Licenses and Certificates:
Possession of a valid California Class C driver's license.
A professional designation in Purchasing and Materials Management (purchasing / procurement / supply management) is desirable.
- WRITTEN TEST (weighted at 50%): To measure knowledge of purchasing and warehousing. (Tentatively scheduled for week of April 6, 2020).
- APPRAISAL INTERVIEW (weighted at 50%): To evaluate training, experience and personal qualifications. (Tentatively scheduled for the week of April 27, 2020).
Continuation in the examination process and subsequent placement on the eligible list of a person convicted of a crime depends upon the nature of the conviction and the conduct of the applicant subsequent to the offense. Convictions will be evaluated on a job-related basis and will not automatically disqualify someone from further consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Culver City is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, religion, political affiliation, or sexual orientation/identification.
Conditions of Employment:
- Background/ Reference Check: Upon a conditional job offer, a live scan finger printing must be completed with acceptable results. Your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice(DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be contacted to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting fromDOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
- Pre-placement medical evaluation including drug screen (select positions)
- E-Verify: Proof of U.S. citizenship, alien residency or authorization to work in the U.S. will be required at time of appointment.
The City of Culver City offers a comprehensive benefit package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, and vision.
This position is represented by Culver City Employees' Association (CCEA).
Formore detailedinformationregarding thebenefits associated with this position, please click on the following links:
Welcome to the City of Culver City's Employment Opportunities Page
Culver City Employees Association (CCEA) MOU
- Less than 2 years
- 2 years
- 2 - 4 years
- 4 or more years
* Required Question