- Supervises and reviews the work of Social Workers or manages a social services program designed to alleviate barriers associated with poverty, engaged in social case work to provide recipients with assistance; or manages and provides services at a satellite office including supervising staff.
- Provides a variety of training to division staff on an as needed basis.
- Provides ad hoc reports to management about office operations, staff productivity and program data.
- Informs manager of areas of concerns or issues they are experiencing pertaining to the staff they supervise or program operations.
- Completes or assists staff to determine applicant eligibility and/or the amount of assistance a household is eligible to receive.
- Completes or assists staff to develop individual service plans to overcome barriers associated with poverty for households.
- Completes or assists staff to provide on-going case management services to ensure individual service plans are completed satisfactory.
- Perform functions of lower level positions as needed.
- Reviews files (paper and/or electronic) for compliance with applicable grant regulations and to approve for assistance payment requests and to ensure file contains sufficient and required documentation.
- Provides guidance and potential resolutions to dissatisfied applicants and clients.
- Attends and participates in outreach at community partner events and meetings as directed by manager.
- Advises manager of researched best practices that could be implemented to improve program and/or activity operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends work on a continuous and regular basis.
- May be assigned to other office locations based on operational needs.
- Must adhere to Federal, State, County and Local ordinances.
- Responds to emergency situations.
***Candidates selected to participate in the selection process may be required to take a skills test.
***Candidate must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver's license.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work and of case work methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations available to the County relating to public assistance programs.
- Knowledge of the services offered by the Community Assistance division and by other public and private agencies in the area.
- Able to plan, supervise, and direct the activities of a group of professional, paraprofessional and clerical personnel.
- Able to plan and manage the activities of a social services program designed to alleviate barriers associated with poverty.
- Able to work with and obtain the cooperation of clients, their families, other social service agencies and other interested groups.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer service issues.
- Able to work under stressful situations.
- Must be able to relocate to other county locations based upon operational needs.
Environmental Demands:Inside work.
Mental Demands: Ability to read and comprehend professional and technical manuals and journals, legal documents, statutes, letters reports, memos, instructions. Ability to perform basic mathematical functions. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to write complex documents relaying information, details and data. Ability to analyze data and develop conclusions. Ability to apply regulations and guidelines to real life situations.
The County of Volusia observes the following holidays annually:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Temporary and intermittent employees are not paid for holidays and are not eligible for benefits.
- I have read and understand the above statement.
- Not Applicable
- County of Volusia Website
- Daytona Beach News Journal
- Social Media Sites (Facebook, Linked In, Twitter
* Required Question