The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is an agency committed to providing a safe, high quality, and efficient transportation system for the State of Wyoming. We are currently seeking a full-time Office Support Specialist located at Highway Patrol in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
This position is the first point of contact for the general public for Patrol. Responsibilitiesfor this position are clerical support of a general nature and administrative office support for Patrol.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4467
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Responsible for customer service, answers questions on departmental services and functions; assists the public; handles and adjusts customer complaints.
- Independently composes and types correspondence related to assigned office/ program area.
- Reviews incoming correspondence, restricted license applications, initiates replies as appropriate; routes matters requiring action by staff; follows up to ensure actions are completed.
- Compiles and types special reports by selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, electronic files, etc.
- Performs specialized tasks relating to databases, desktop publishing, graphics, etc.
- Applies specific knowledge of work unit program and activities.
- Completes special projects for program manager.
- Participates in development of department documents; provides guidance and technical assistance to the department.
Preference may be given to applicant's with strong communication skills, with experiencedemonstrating proficiency in office management and providing administrative assistanceto multiplepeople.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of record keeping and preparation of reports.
- Knowledge of state governmental organizations.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of gathering information.
- Knowledge of planning, programming and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of methods used to monitor and evaluate program delivery.
- Knowledge of governmental procurement principles, methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of forms development techniques.
- Knowledge of advanced research, analysis and compilation of data.
- Knowledge of agency specific specialties
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or afterJanuary 1, 2018are required to be paid hourly.
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT - Highway Patrol - Administration
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
There are many benefits to living and working in Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide open spaces and clean air, great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State employees a very generous benefit package.Please click herefor more information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.
For additional information on living in the state of Wyoming please click here.
- High School Diploma/GED/or Equivalent
- Some college Coursework, No Degree Received
- Associate's Degree
- Associate's Degree and additional coursework
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree and additional coursework
- Master's Degree
- Master's Degree and additional coursework
- Doctorate Degree
- Doctorate Degree and additional coursework
- None of the Above
- 45+ Quarter hours/30+ Semester hours
- 90+ Quarter hours/60+ Semester hours
- 136+ Quarter hours/91+ Semester hours
- 180+ Quarter hours/120+ Semester hours
- 225+ Quarter hours/150+Semester hours
- No relevant experience, but willing to learn.
- Less than one (1) year of relevant experience.
- One (1) to less than three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
- I am not a veteran
- Current State Employee
- Veteran - DD214 Attached
- Disabled Veteran (10% or more) - DD214 and Veteran's Disability Determination Attached
- Surviving Spouse of a Deceased Veteran - DD214 and proof of Survivor Benefit Attached
- None of the above
* Required Question