The USPS OIG is seeking qualified applicant(s) to fill our Auditor position(s) in multiple OIG functional areas including Audit Operations; Network Processing; Plant Evaluation Team Transportation; Finance; Financial Controls; Cost and Pricing; Supply Management and Facilities; Human Resources and Support; Delivery and Retail Operations; Sales, Marketing and International; Delivery and Retail Response Team; Inspection Service and Information Technology.
Learn more about this agency
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations at the GS-12 level.
- The employee provides senior level advice in the area of auditing. Participates in and makes contributions to management decisions in assigned program areas. Applies a wide range of auditing concepts, laws, policies, practices, analytical, and diagnostic methods and techniques to address substantive technical issues or problems characterized by complex, controversial, and/or sensitive matters that contain several inter-related issues.
- Conduct audits of Postal Service programs, operations, and activities.
- Develops individual audit programs and plans covering in detail these matters: functional responsibilities; specific project assignments; audit objectives and requirements; references; formats for data display and reports; and special instructions covering contingencies. Provides opinions on the efficiency and effectiveness of financial programs.
- Selects and applies analytical methods appropriate to the situation from a number of alternatives to develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Integrates and consolidates analyses and written summaries of others to develop draft chapters or complete draft products.
- Conducts followup reviews of management actions taken to correct identified deficiencies.
The USPS OIG uses a Pay Banding system, which is equivalent to the Federal GS scale. Grade and salary determinations will be made based upon a candidate's education and professional experience.
This position is being advertised at the Journey Band level, equivalent to a GS-11/12. The salary range for this position is $55,204.00 to $86,021.00 Per Year. The salary figures do not include locality pay. Non-competitive promotion up to a GS-13 equivalent level is possible through our career ladder program is at management's discretion.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.