Ideal candidates will bring the following:
- Experience with water or recycled water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, wastewater treatment, or public works projects, a working knowledge of construction and project management practices or experience in water or wastewater treatment process evaluation.
- Solid engineering judgment with the ability to quickly discern the most critical aspects of a problem from the details and independently develop potential solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and ability use analytical tools (pivot tables and advanced functions in Microsoft Excel)
- A love of learning and an ability to adapt to a variety of assignments and changing priorities.
- The ability to clearly and confidently express ideas orally and in writing.
Please note, the District is currently in the process of completing a classification and compensation study.Classification and salary may be subject to change based upon the results of the classification and compensation study and the Memorandum of Understanding between theMid-Management Employees' BargainingUnitand the District.
DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Dublin San Ramon Services District employees are, by State and Federal law, Disaster Service Workers.The roles and responsibilities for Disaster Service Workers are authorized by the California Emergency Services Act and are defined in the California Labor Code.In the event of a declaration of emergency, any employee of the District may be assigned to perform activities which promote the protection of public health and safety or the preservation of lives and property.Such assignments may require service at locations, times, and under conditions that are significantly different than the normal work assignments and may continue into the recovery phase of the emergency.If a "Local Emergency" is declared during the employee's shift, employees will be expected to remain at work to respond to the emergency needs of the community.If a "Local Emergency" is declared outside of the employee's shift, employees must make every effort to contact their direct supervisor or department head to obtain reporting instructions as Disaster Service Workers.
The selection process may consist of an evaluation of the applicant's qualifications, appraisal board interview, written examination, practical exercise and/or internal Department interviews, employment and education verification, reference check and a review of prior performance evaluations. Upon completion of the selection process, an offer of employment may be conditionally based upon the successful completion of a preemployment medical exam (if applicable).
Toapply, complete a District online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. A resume and cover letter will not be accepted in lieu of the District application form and supplemental questionnaire. This recruitment will remain open to applications until the positions are filled, with the first review of applications received bySunday, January 26, 2020 at 5pm. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply early. The application window may close at any time after January 26, 2020, without further notice.
Click here for:
- 2019 Professional Employees' Bargaining Group Benefit Summary
The benefits in the above summary for the Professional Employees' Bargaining Unit (PEBU) are based on the MOU between PEBUand the District. For more information, please visit the District's website atwww.dsrsd.com.
Per the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2012 (PEPRA), "classic members" currently employed in reciprocal public agencies are enrolled in a 2.7% at 55CalPERSpension plan with a 10% employee contribution; "new members," either employees new to the public sector or whose date of separation from service was more than 6 months before the start date with the District, are enrolled in a 2% at 62CalPERSpension plan with a required contribution of 50% of the "normal cost" which is 6.75% for fiscal year 2020.
- Less than a Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD or professional degree
- No professional experience
- Less than 2 years
- 2 to 3 years
- 3 years or more
- No professional experience
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year or more
- I do not have an EIT Certification or PE Registration in California
- California Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification
- California Professional Engineer (PE) Registration
- N/A - I do not have a PE
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Operational Support and Process Evaluation
* Required Question