The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) delivers a wide range of human services designed to promote self-sufficiency and well-being for all Georgians. The department is one of the largest agencies in state government with an annual budget of $1.8 billion and more than 9,000 employees. DHS is comprised of three divisions and 14 Administrative Support Offices.
The Office of Facilities and Support Services (OFSS) provides an enterprise wide, cross-divisional approach to the management of facilities, office space and assets, response to emergencies, records management, risk management, fleet management, and transportation services for the Department of Human Services (DHS). OFSS increases efficiency, eliminates duplication of effort, reduces costs, provides consistency and technical expertise across all DHS Divisions and Offices and enables the department and its employees to be more responsive to customer needs.
OFSS is seeking candidates for the position ofAdministrative Assistant 3 (Asset Analyst). This position reports to theDirector and Deputies.This position is based at 2 Peachtree Street, NW, Atlanta, GA in Fulton CountyJob Description
Pay Grade: H
Under general supervision, the AdministrativeAssistant 3 will:
- Fully comply with the department's policies and rules governing the department's asset management processes and records management procedures.
- Assist with fiscal reviews of all assets and content inventory; monitor DHS compliance with DOAS asset management processes and procedures; compile data; complete inventory analysis; provide information for managerial review and audits; review capital and non-capital expense reports.
- Review all forms and reports for accuracy; input and verify data; effectively organize, prioritize, and manage database and project tracking.
- Effectively self-manage overall responsibilities and workload; identify routine issues and tasks; provide assistance; automate tasks when possible; coordinate realistic timeframes and provide follow-up to meet established deadlines.
- Appropriately update and notify tenants, landlords and other clients on assets, inventory, and surplus matters; provide clear and effective oral and written communication; assist with training.
- Demonstrate the ability to build, learn and draw inferences from experiences.
- Cooperate with others to accomplish common goals; work with internal and external customers to achieve shared goals and provide them with helpful, courteous, accessible, responsive, and knowledgeable service; treat others with dignity and respect and maintain a friendly demeanor; value the contributions of others.
- Deliver consistent required business results; set and achieve attainable, yet aggressive, goals; consistently comply with quality standards; maintain focus on Agency and State goals.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience
- Four years of related experience.
Strong written and oral communication skills
Technical experience a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DHS will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
Criminal Background Checks/Applicant Privacy Rights
All applicants may be subject to a motor vehicle check, drug screen and may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of criminal history information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Applicants have the right to challenge the contents of any criminal history record obtained for the purpose of employment with DHS. For an explanation of these rights, please read, "Applicant Privacy Rights" at:http://gbi.georgia.gov/sites/gbi.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/ApplicantPrivacyRights.pdf
As an employee of DHS, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
DHSis an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of DHS to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
In addition to a competitive salary, DHS offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account. Visithttp://team.georgia.gov/for more information.
Health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, healthcare and childcare spending accounts, and life insurance plans are available.
Health Benefits: 1-800-610-1863State Health Benefit Plan
Flexible Benefits:1-877-342-7339GA Breeze Portal
State employees participate in the Employee's Retirement System. Contributions are based on a percentage of salary and service date entry
Employee Retirement System: 1-800-805-4609ERS Website
Tax shelter plans are available that enable employees to provide for greater retirement security. Fund programs are available in both 457(k) and 401(k) plans.
Peach State Reserves: 1-877-342-7339ERS / Peach State Reserves
Employees are eligible to become members of theAtlanta Postal Credit UnionandGeorgia United Credit Union
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- Some College/Tech
- High School Diploma
- None of the Above
- Less than 1 Year
- 1+ Years
- 2+ Years
- 3+ Years
- More than 4 Years
* Required Question