As an APEX HR Transactions Specialist, you willaudit and process employee transactions for Public Works, ensuring accurate and timely conformance to human resources rules, collective bargaining agreements, and administrative procedures. This position involves processing transactions in APEX (PeopleSoft) and NEOGOV.
Location and hours:
Public Works Facility: 1600 Prairie Drive in Medina, MN (There is no public transportation to this facility).
701 building:701 4th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55415.
The location for this position is negotiable and will be discussed in more detail at the time of hiring. Work hours will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
About the position type:
You must be a currentregular or probationary employeeof Hennepin County to apply for this position.
In this position, you will:
- Act as a payroll information specialist to the department in facilitating an understanding of hiring and payroll procedures, policy/contract provisions.
- Audit and review bi-weekly payroll information within APEX/PeopleSoft payroll system and One Office according to system timelines and approval deadlines.
- Assist supervisors with the hiring process and enter hiring transactions in NEOGOV and APEX (PeopleSoft).
- Prepare, review, and submit employee and position transactions into APEX (PeopleSoft).
- Maintain various human resources records, including electronic and paper files, and prepare regular and special reports for administrative use.
- Complete and process First Report of Injury forms and provide necessary information to Workers Compensation office.
Need to have:
- Two or more years of experience in payroll processing or human resources.
Nice to have:
- Working with the NEOGOVapplicant tracking system.
- Working with APEX (PeopleSoft), an automated personnel/payroll processing system.
- Following the Hennepin County human resources policies and procedures.
- With Hennepin County job posting development and hiring process.
- Process and integrate complex information from multiple sources including written and verbal instructions.
- Work under multiple and strict deadlines with a customer service orientation.
- Ensure confidentiality of employee data.
About the department:
Public Works creates healthy and livable communities through economic development, environmental stewardship and advancement of a multi modal transportation network. About 450 employees work together on a wide range of programs and projects to achieve our mission.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an APEX HR Transactions Specialist.
Clickhereto view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Why work here?
Hennepin County embraces the Total Rewards philosophy. We want our employees to succeed? not only at work but as they move through life and its milestones. We offer advantages and opportunities others can't ?including:
- Meaningful work
- Public service
- Competitive pay
- Work-life balance
- Generous benefits
- Opportunities to grow
- Commitment to your success
By working in public service, we are a part of something larger than ourselves.Together,we support those in need. We help people access information and services. We empower vibrant and diverse communities. We serve residents.
Employee Benefits Summary
Visit our benefits page to learn more: www.hennepin.us/employees
- Less than 2 years
- 2 years or more, but less than 3 years
- 3 years or more, but less than 4 years
- 4 years or more, but less than 5 years
- 5 years or more
- I do not have this experience
* Required Question