Culver City is a Charter City incorporated in 1917, and is a destination filled with outdoor cafes, unique shops and galleries opening onto pedestrian-friendly boulevards. Culver City has a dedicated staff of approximately 700+ employees with an overall operating budget of over $200 million. The City provides a full range of municipal services including Fire, Police, Community Development, Public Works, Parks, Recreation, and Community Services, and Transportation.THE POSITION
This an excellent opportunity for someone interested in gaining hands-on experience in GIS at the City level. This is a non-benefited, up to 30 hours per week position, with flexible hours between Monday - Friday, 7:30 am ? 5:30 pm.
- Maintain GIS data and maps using ArcGIS software
- Perform a variety of entry-level administrative staff duties related to areas such as administrative regulations, policies, processes, procedures, systems, methods, reports, surveys, and forms, while learning the fundamental mission, structure, and operations associated with the assigned department.
- Assist in writing instructions, procedures, guides, and manuals to describe and improve administrative, technological, and operational methods and systems.
- Research problems, discrepancies, and responds to routine inquiries related to the business, technological, and operational activities of the assigned department.
- Effectively utilizes the capabilities and functions of standard and specialized office software applications such as data management, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing in completing assigned projects.
- Prepare reports, presentations, operational documents, and correspondence containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content related to business, technological, and operational activities subject to review and editing by higher-level staff members.
- May perform a wide variety of para-professional, technical, and clerical tasks during peak workload periods or in the absence of assigned staff.
- May conduct field work.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications: Only candidates currently enrolled in upper division or graduate level courses in an accredited college or university program; course work in the area of geographic information systems, computer science, or related field
How to Apply: Please submit an online application on our City's website: www.culvercity.org/jobs
Note: Qualified applicants will be selected for immediate interviews.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, express or implied, and any provisions in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.
The City of Culver City is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, religion, political affiliation, or sexual orientation/identification.
Conditions of Employment:
- Background/ Reference Check: Upon a conditional job offer, a live scan finger printing must be completed with acceptable results. Your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice(DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be contacted to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting fromDOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
- Pre-placement medical evaluation including drug screen (select positions)
There are no benefits associated with this position other than those required by law.