- Perform all daily clerical functions, including telephone and receptionist duties, transcribe and produce minutes.
- Responsible for resolving problems with customers while providing outstanding customer service.
- Compose, type, and distribute correspondence as required; organize and maintain filing system.
- Schedule meetings, including contacting meeting participants to insure attendance.
- Prepare and have summary packets available (including agenda, minutes, etc.) regarding projects and meetings.
- Assist with creation of daily schedules for other members of the department.
- Prepare department specific reports; and maintain department databases.
- May participate in preparation of the City's annual budget including data entry, data collections and report preparation.
- Participate in creating payroll reports, including tracking and entering leave/sick/vacation time, handling time sheets, and generating overtime reports.
- May handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Research, review and analyze data for special projects as assigned by the department.
- Responsible for data entry, opening, closing and generating reports using work order program(s).
- Create and manipulate PowerPoint slideshows, Excel spreadsheets, and Microsoft Word documents.
- Assist with department procurement; maintaining operational efficiency of the scanner and network printer; and processing employee timesheets and payroll.
- Serve as a liaison between senior management, customers, co-workers, and vendors to streamline the flow of information.
- May handle petty cash disbursements and reconciliation of petty cash reports for reimbursement.
- Receives invoice payments and files them appropriately.
- This position requires regular and reliable attendance and the employee's attendance and the employee's physical presence at the workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Utilizing the utmost confidentiality, field and/or appropriately route all correspondence/communication generated internally and externally via phone, email, US mail, web, etc. on behalf of the Chief of Police.
- Responsible for working with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) to audit and maintain police officer's files.
- Responsible for working with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) for the education incentive reports and processing education incentives.
- Drives a city vehicle as needed ?Requires FL Driver's License with acceptable driving record.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Ability to operate necessary equipment, including computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, scanner, and calculator.
- High School or GED.
- Three (3) years of experience in administrative and clerical duties or related work; or experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 43 c.w.p.m. and achieve 53% accuracy on the grammar test.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Pushing ? use upper extremities to press against objects with force, or thrust forward, downward, outward.
- Reaching ? extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Climbing ? ascending, descending ladders, stairs, ramps, requires body agility.
- Crawling ? moving about on hands, knees, or hands, feet.
- Crouching ? bending body forward by bending leg, spine.
- Standing ? for sustained periods of time.
- Stooping ? bending body downward, forward at waist, with full motion of lower extremities and back.
- Talking 1- expressing ideas by spoken word
- Feeling ? perceiving attributes of objects by touch with skin, fingertips.
- Fingering ? picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers rather than hand.
- Grasping ? applying pressure to object with fingers, palm.
- Handling ? picking, holding, or working with whole hand.
- Hearing 1 ? perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels, receive information.
- Visual Acuity 1 - prepare, analyze data, transcribing, computer terminal, extensive reading.
- Kneeling ? bending legs at knee to come to rest at knees.
- Lifting ? raising objects from lower to higher position, moving objects side to side, using upper extremities, back.
- Mental Acuity ? ability to make rational decisions through sound logic, deductive reasoning.
- Pulling - use upper extremities to exert force, haul or tug.
- Visual Acuity 3 - determine accuracy, neatness, observe facilities/structures.
- Walking - on foot to accomplish tasks, long distances, or site to site.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Works in an office environment and sits for long periods of time.
May be required to work hours other than the regular schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.Contact with internal and external customers, vendors, outside agencies and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions described herein. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this job description.
Click here or enter the link below to see a list of benefits.
Please note: Benefits do not apply to On-Call, Temporary or Seasonal positions. Benefits only apply to regular Full-time positions and Part-time positions that are regularly scheduled to work 40 hours or more bi-weekly.
- High School or GED
- Some College
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher Education
- None of the above
* Required Question